Google I/O 2012 is the biggest news of the technology industry. Google and Android fans are flocking the Google I/O conference. Finally, the Google Android 4.1 aka Android Jelly Bean is officially announced and it has some of the coolest features.
Finally Android 4.1 will support Indian languages such as Hindi. Hit the read more button to know more about Android Jelly Bean features
Features of Android Jelly Bean (Android 4.1)
- Android Jelly Bean Project Butter. Now the whole device works on 60fps consistantly smoother than Android ICS.
- Jelly Bean also introduced triple buffering in the graphics pipeline... this allows the CPU and the GPU to run in parallel without waiting for each other.
- You don't have to shuffle icons manually. If there's no room for the widget, Jelly Bean OS will be automatically resize it.
- New refined keyboard that learns intelligently over the time
- Voice typing doesn't require data connection anymore. So there will be no server side processing for Voice typing. you can do voice typing offline with Android Jelly Bean
- Voice typing will also support other foreign language soon. (Are we expecting Hindi language as voice typing? Remember those Google-411 free phone directory in India?).
- Persian, Hindi and Thai are now supported by the OS. Finally, Indians don't have to root your phones to read Hindi/Gujarati on Android phones.
- Blind users will now be able to use special gestures to navigate the device in combination with audio cues.
- Enhanced notifications. Notifications in Android Jelly Bean can give you more information. It can show you full picture, a detailed gmail message or infact a button to return a phone call from a missed call notification. Calendar notification, which you can tap on to send canned responses easily, like "I'm running 10 minutes late. They can show you a ton of new information, and just like in Ice Cream Sandwich you can dismiss all the notifications with a single tap
- Improved Google Search that brings information right to the screen as a card rather than giving you the list of results.
- Google Now can use your search history and navigation history and tell you what you need to know when you want to know it. It'll automatically figures out your commute and makes suggestions of alternate routes.If you're at a train or bus station Google now will tell you when the next ride will appear. It'll manage flights too, telling you terminals and updates and notifying of delays. If you're abroad, will give you currency conversion and language conversion.
Google Android Jelly Bean will be available to Galaxy Nexus and Moto Xoom and Nexus S coming in mid July OTA. Jelly Bean SDK will be available from today to developers.
What do you think? Are you excited about Google Android Jelly Bean OS?