There are many applications in the market that lets you remote control your PC or Mac. Android OS has many applications that can remote control your computer. But ever wanted to remote control your android phone?
Well, you have an application for that now. You can actually access information from your Android phone just by sending an SMS to your phone number.
The app is called "Agatsya". Once you install the Agatsya app, it allows you to access your mobile remotely. So if you have forgotten your phone somewhere or lost your mobile phone, you can access your phone's data just by sending an SMS message from any regular mobile phone (NO GPRS required).
Here are the list of data you can access in your Android Phone remotely
- Contacts (Access contact number from your Address book remotely)
- Call Logs (Check last 5 records for Missed Calls/Received Calls/Dialed Numbers)
- IMEI Number
- Phone Profile (Change your phone's ringer mode to vibrate or ring)
- SIM Number (Get your phone's SIM Number remotely)
- SMS logs (Get last 5 SMS's received on your phone)
The application size is about 1.31MB and requires access to your phone calls, sms features.
Once you download the application, it asks you to register with your email address and enter your 4 digit security pin. This security PIN will be required to access data on your phone remotely. Once you complete the registration, you can send a text message your PIN number to your mobile phone to get the list of available commands.
Here’s a complete list of SMS commands available
- lwM SILENT – Turn off the phone’s ringer
- lwM RINGER – Turn on the ringer
- lwM IMEI – Get the IMEI number* of your phone
- lwM LAST MESSAGES – Retrieve the last 5 text messages received on your phone
- lwM LAST CALLS – Know the last 5 missed/received/dialed numbers
- lwM <exact CONTACT Name> – Fetch the contact number of a person from the address book.
The application looks to be pretty light weight and runs in the background.