I like WhatsApp application. Its the most convenient and easy to use application for group messaging and sharing videos and pictures with family, friends, coworkers. But recently the latest update in WhatsApp removed an option that allows me to enable/disable the auto download feature for images. That annoys me the most because every image that is being shared with you now shows up in your Photo gallery.
So how to disable auto download image in WhatsApp? Check out the instructions below that will bring back the option that will allow you to enable/disable the auto download of images.
Disable Auto Download Images In WhatsApp Android
This trick can apply to any Android devices without rooted. Make sure you follow the steps exactly in the order given below
- First force close your existing Whatsapp to disable running at background,
- Turn on airplane mode on android devices.
- Change date and time to Oct 23rd, 2012.
- Install old version 2.8.1504 of Whatsapp without uninstall current version. Search for WhatsApp 2.8.1504 APK. It will ask you to overwrite your existing application. Click OK and continue.
- Start up and run Whatsapp app on Android, go to Settings > chat settings > untick auto download images option.
- Turn off airplane mode, change back date and time to current month and year.
- Go to Google play store update latest Whatsapp version.
- You may find that auto download images option is back on latest Whatsapp version.
Check out the video below for the steps.
Disable Auto Download Images In WhatsApp iPhone
TechGravy has a nice tutorial on how to disable the Auto Download of Images in WhatsApp. Check out the link for more details.