You might have seen a board outside some apartment complex that dogs and cats are not allowed or you might have seen visiting hours in the hospitals but would it surprise you if I say an Apartment Complex in Bangalore bans girl friends.
Majestic Residency, near Forum Mall has tight restrictions on young female visitors wanting to meet their male classmates or friends who reside in the complex.
Majestic Residency has 175 two- and three-bedroom apartments across four blocks. Around 30 flats have been rented by students of Christ College and other colleges. General Manager Naseer said, “As these students reside in proximity to other families, their behaviour needs to be monitored.
We need to ensure that they do not create problems or embarrass other families.” Problems arose when girls would come to meet their male friends and stay long hours, citing ‘group studies’.
So what are the restrictions?
- Visiting hours last just 30 minutes and no girl can, under any circumstances, come in after 6 pm.
- Girls have to produce their college identity card. After verifying the ID, the security guard lets them in with a visitor’s badge.
- They have even pasted a notice in front of the main gate which says, ‘Visitor Girl Friends are not allowed’.
- The visitor has to deposit her college ID card with the security guard, who notes down her name, address and phone number. The guard informs her if she overstays.
- If there is any female visitor after 6pm, the boy concerned is informed and he can meet the visitor outside the main gate.
- Students are not allowed to party in their flats as it creates a disturbance for families residing here
Are you serious? Is that an apartment complex or a hostel? Do you think this apartment complex will retain its residents for long with such restrictions?
As they say.. IT HAPPENS ONLY IN INDIA....